Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mythic Clues

I've been pondering where exactly I would find mythic clues. It seems that I was trying a bit too hard because they popped up more when allowing time to look for them.

1) The first one sort of hit me like a rock, no pun intended. I realized the mountains which surround us are in fact giants who have met some untimely demise just as Atlas did when Perseus pointed Medusa's decapitated head at him.

2)  There is a large mound of dirt by my house. It is the excavated beginnings of some new structure. Or is it? Rather, it is the remains of a proposed tower aimed at the heavens, struck down by the god(s) of finance or perhaps Zeus himself (untold god of finance?).

3)  I work in a nursing home. In particular, one of the residents, we'll call her Hazel, has been hitting the river of Lethe especially hard. She asks me, on average, 3-5 times an hour for "a couple of aspirin" for a varying degree of ailments. The usual culprits are "a terrrrrible headache" or the unlikely "I've been vomiting all day." Ironically, she came to our facility after overdosing on nearly an entire bottle of aspirin.

Apparently I just had to look more closely in order to find these mythic clues.

No comments:

Post a Comment